Thursday, April 24, 2008

I am exhausted!

I had a community event for work at 7am today so my husband had to take time off from work to take my son to school. Thanks honey! :) I was so happy I got there on time because I was so worried I was going to get lost (which I usually do even with my GPS system), or traffic which is never predictable. Only thing that really sucked was that no one else was there on time. I think our agency was the only one that was there early and ready by 7:30am like they wanted. So my partner and I sat there for an hour just talking because there was nothing else to do. And to top it off, I was thinking since we had to be there early that they would have coffee or something for us but I was wrong. BUT we did get a nice snack bag with a bottle of water, an orange, and a granola bar which came in handy. Oh, and they even had a farmer's market there with mango (LOVE IT), boysenberries, apples, and oranges. What's funny is that we never know how many people are going to be at these events so it's really hard for us to know how much stuff to bring. Well, we got cleaned out today. I have never ever had an event where I got cleaned out. Seriously, they brought loads of people in a school bus and they came on a schedule so it was one after another. I think there must have been at least 200 families there. Isn't that crazy! Well, I am glad because we got the chance to tell these families about our agency and they seemed very happy to hear about our services. It was just a very long day. At least I got to leave work early and now I can rest at home. I think I will go to bed early. :)

No comments: