Monday, June 30, 2008

Has it been that long?

Wow, I didn't realize how long it has been since I've written. I have been so caught up with my brother in-law visiting, my son in summer camp, my son's dance recital, playing the Wii, and every other thing that comes up in my life. 

My brother in-law is now back in San Diego. Not sure what is going on with the whole matter. We thought he was going to stay in Texas for training and then to Iraq. Things are always changing with him so we never know. We will be seeing more of him in the weekends since he is back in San Diego. Looks like he might be here for 4th of July! Yeah! :) 

My son is actually done with 1st grade and is in summer camp now. :( He is growing up too fast. I really don't even remember the whole year passing by so fast until now. Scary! He is enjoying the fact that there is no homework every night. But I still have him reading and going over work books so he doesn't forget everything he learned in 1st grade. This whole summer camp thing is stressing me out now. I miss school. I didn't have to worry about if he would be safe or not but now I am terrified to even drop him off. They take these kids to water parks, Knot's, the beach, and all sorts of stuff. Now that is stressful because I don't think schools should take young kids to those places if there are like 20 children and maybe 3 teachers. And they drive them in their own cars and not even on a school bus or van. I almost had a heart attack when they told me they took my son without his booster seat. Yes, I am one of those over protective mothers but I would rather be that and save a life then one who didn't worry and regret that I didn't because it would be too late. I know they laugh and talk about me but I don't care. I want my baby to be safe and I don't want to make sure I can help prevent any harm that might happen to him as much as I can. That is my job as a mother. So why do some people not understand that and judge us? It should be those who don't worry or show concern that are the ones that are looked as wrong and not the mother who wants to make sure her child is safe. 

 So on the last day, we found out some really sad news. His teacher was let go and will no longer be working there. It is so sad how they treated her. I will really miss her. They had told her that there might be a chance that they didn't need her because they had two 1st grade class and the enrollment numbers weren't enough for both class. They said if they got 25 children then she could stay. They had got the enrollment numbers to 25 at the last day of school but then decided to change it to 30 children and said they no longer needed her. How sad is that? And this is a Christian School! Who does that to a person? That is just mean and cruel. When I came to pick my son up, I saw the teacher packing her stuff into her car and she looked in shocked. I am so sad for her and sad for the school because she was a wonderful teacher. Please keep her in your prayers, she needs a new job fast. She also has a teenager to take care of so that is another issue she has to worry about. 

My son's dance recital was soooo cute. He did so wonderfully. I am so proud of him. He is a natural. I cant wait to get the video so I can watch it again and again. Everyone did very well. It was a good show. It was based on the story "Jungle Book". My son was playing one of the bears and they danced to "Bare Necessities". 

We have been playing the Wii a lot. We got the Wii fit, Mario Kart, and Silent Hill Umbrella something. We have been busy here. Its the best thing ever. I love the Wii! I even got my mom into it. We created her Wii character the other night and it looks just like her. Its so cute. Looks like we might have to get another remote for her. Hehee :) 

Anyhow, it's late and I am tired. Good night. 

No comments: