Monday, July 7, 2008

Be Aggressive!

I guess I have always known that I had a low self esteem and that I don't give myself enough credit for the things I do. I always think that I am not any good at anything and don't usually get praised for my work. I have to say that since I have had my new supervisor at my job for about two years, she has complimented and praised me more often then anyone has ever done. She also has been very honest with me. Today she pulled me in and we had a talk about some things she noticed and wanted to inform me. She wanted to let me know that she did see how hard I worked and that she noticed that I I was a team player. That made me really happy to know. She also wanted me to work on somethings like being more aggressive and assertive with my decisions at work. I tend to question myself and others because I like to make sure I cover my grounds so I don't get in trouble. I guess that is a weakness and an area I need to work on. She did bring up a good point that if I wanted to get promoted, I would have to have those qualities and be able to handle situations on my own. So that is going to be my new project. I am going to work on being more aggressive and making decisions without questioning it unless I really don't know the answer. I will start carrying myself as a confident and assertive person. It will be hard but I really do want people to see that I am capable of handling anything. I don't want to be looked at as a person that doesn't know what she is doing and is not a strong person. So I will be working extra hard and will be researching on how I can change myself. Wish me luck!

No comments: